Last Updated: December 9, 2012
3. Information We Collect.
We collect the following types of information in connection with your use of the Site.
- (i) Personal information is information that is specific to an individual and that can be used to identify an individual. This includes such things as your e-mail address, name, mailing address, phone number, credit card number, and other such information. This type of information is sometimes called “personally identifiable information. “
- (ii) General information includes non-personal information from visitors to the Site (such as the time of day a visitor access the Site, the IP address of the visitor, the site from which the visitor comes or the site to which the visitor goes after leaving our Site, which pages of our Site the visitor visits, etc.).
- (iii) User Provided Content consists of information that is posted in chat rooms, blogs, comment boxes, and other such forums, which may include opinions, ideas, text, pictures, audio and video content, and other such content.
- (iv) User input is the information you provide in response to prompts from the Site. For example, we may hold a vote on a certain question. Alternatively, we may ask users to complete and submit surveys.
4. How We Collect Information. We collect information in the following ways:
- (a) In some cases, we ask you to provide the information. For example, to access certain portions of the Site, you may be required to become a registered member, and to register, we may ask you to provide certain information (such as name, email address, username, password, content you post, etc.). Additionally, if you subscribe to any paid features on Site or purchase products from the Site, you may be required to provide certain additional information (such as credit card information, billing address, etc.). Additionally, you may also provide information in connection with votes or surveys we are conducting on the Site.
5. How We Use Information We Collect.
(a) Personal Information.
- (i) We use personal information we collect to provide you with information, products or services you order or subscribe to. Where the information, product or service is one that is offered on our Site but provided by a third party, we will provide your personal information to that third party solely for the purpose of providing you the information, product or service that you ordered. Unless you authorize us to, as further discussed below, the third party will be instructed not to use your information for the purpose of offering you any other information, product or service.
- (ii) We may provide your personal information to our service providers, but they will only be permitted to use that information in connection with services they provide to us (e.g., if you order a product, we may provide your name and address to our fulfillment provider so they can complete your order, or we may store your data on servers that are owned and operated by our hosting services provider, etc.).
- (iii) We may use personal information we collect (including any corresponding general information) to provide you information about other information, products or services offered by Vemba. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, you can opt out.
- (iv) We may provide your personal information to our trusted business partners, to enable them to provide you information about other information, products or services offered by those business partners. If you do not wish to receive these kinds of communications, you can opt out. Once you opt out, we will no longer share your personal information with our trusted business partners, but to the extent, a business partner has already been provided your personal information, you must contact that business partner to opt out of receiving further marketing materials from it.
- (v) We may use personal information that is coupled with general information to improve our Site and our users experience on our Site by providing users with information, including advertisements, that is relevant to that specific user.
- (vi) We may provide your personal information to our affiliated entities and joint venture partners who may use personal information for the same purposes as us.
- (vii) Except as set forth in this section, Vemba will not provide personal information we collect (excluding associated general data and performance data) to third parties, and Vemba will not sell, license or otherwise distribute your personal information.
(b) General Information and De-Identified Personal Information. Vemba may take personal information, and de-personalize it, such that it cannot be traced to a specific individual. Vemba may use this de-personalized information, as well as general information, as well as the combination of these two, for a broad range of purposes. For example: (i) we may use de-personalized and/or general data to determine characteristics of visitors to our Site, which characteristics may be used to improve our Site or its features or to better market our Site or its features; and (ii) we may use de-personalized and/or general data to determine the popularity or effectiveness of certain features of the Site, and to improve the Site’s appeal to users.
6. Information Collected By Third Parties.
Vemba cares about protecting the security and integrity of your personal information. To that end, we have put in place reasonable security procedures and practices to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet and no data storage can be 100% secure. Consequently, while we will endeavor to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure, we do not warrant or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to, from or on our Site.
8. Information Provided to Third Party Sites Linked to Our Site.
9. Business or Asset Transfer or Sale.
Vemba’s business, or portions thereof, may be sold or otherwise transferred to third parties through various means (e.g., sale of stock, sale of assets, merger, etc.). In such transactions, Vemba may, and likely will, transfer information collected through the Site, or give the acquirer a license to use that information.
10. Release of Information for Legal Reasons.
Vemba may release information about you, including personal information, when it believes in good faith that such release is appropriate to comply with the law (for example, pursuant to a statutory demand, subpoena, warrant, or court order), to protect against fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of the Site, to protect Vemba’s rights or property, enforce any contract between you and Vemba, or if Vemba reasonably believes that a situation involving danger of death or injury to any person requires disclosure.
11. Protection of Minors.
Use of this Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to register on this Site or purchase subscriptions, or use any functionality for which registration or subscription is required. Vemba will not knowingly collect information from these children. If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such information be removed, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information submitted by a child under the age of 13 onto a public forum controlled by Vemba will remain public until we have been notified of such publication and have had reasonable opportunity to remove that information accordingly.